From Wednesday 07 March 2018
To Friday 09 March 2018
Hits : 906
The TD1306 COST Action PEERE organises an interdisciplinary conference on peer review. The conference aims to provide a forum for scholars, practitioners and science stakeholders to share evidence on peer review in different fields, e.g., medicine, computer science, social sciences and humanities. It aims to stimulate the use of evidence-based research in the design and implementation of peer review in a variety of fields and encourage more systematic research.
The topics of interest to the conference include, but are not limited to:
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of peer review in scholarly journals and funding agencies
- Estimating editorial and reviewer bias
- The impact of different peer review models (single vs. double blind, confidential vs. open etc.) on reviewer attitudes and editorial decisions
- Incentives, motivation and recognition in peer review
- Social network analysis of peer review and editorial policy
- Models and theories of peer review: principles, functions and management
- Applications of bibliometrics, altmetrics and scientometrics to peer review
- Perspectives from policy makers, grant funding agencies, libraries, and publishers
- Computer simulation studies of peer review dynamics and outcomes
Stay tuned by following the conference hashtag: #peere2018. For more information, please follow the link.
Location CNR (National Research Council) Rome, Piazzale Aldo Moro, Italy