OpenUP Blog Competition
Would you want to bring change in how science is done? Write a blog post in OpenUP Hub and you might be one of the winners of the OpenUP Blog Competition 2018, selected directly by the Open Science Community!
Are you Open Science advocate? Are you a researcher exploring new ways to open up science? Would you want to bring change in how science is done? OpenUP gives you the possibility to bring your ideas and work to broader scientific audiences. Write a blog post in OpenUP Hub and you might be one of the winners of the OpenUP Blog Competition 2018, selected directly by the Open Science Community!
The EU-funded project OpenUP addresses key aspects and challenges of the currently transforming science landscape, in regard of the review-assess-disseminate phases of the research lifecycle under the prism of Open Science, working closely with the related scientific communities.
- The theme is “Designing solutions to open up the research lifecycle”. It is an invitation to answer the questions of how can we make science more open, collaborative and transparent and what are the relevant benefits. Your contribution could concentrate on pressing issues related to innovative methods, services or tools you would like to see supporting the “how” research results are communicated and assessed, how can we incentivise the uptake of FAIR principles or how you think we can increase gender equality in research.
- Showcase your idea in a short paragraph of 100-150 words giving the gist of the proposed solution (abstract).
- Expand your idea in no more than 1000-1200 words (in English).
- The blog competition invites all interested stakeholders to participate in advancing their important work.
- The deadline for submission is 28th December 2018 17.00 CET 18th January 2019 17.00 CET.
What is in for me?
Your ideas will be heard by the wider Open Science community and disseminated via all of our communication channels - don’t forget to keep track of the hashtag #OpenUPBlogCompetition! The winners will receive the Open Science badge, produced by OpenUP project and their ideas will be considered to be integrated in the OpenUP Toolboxes, provided that they are ongoing and relevant to the review-assess-disseminate phases of the research lifecycle!
How to submit?
- Please submit your entry as a blog post via the OpenUP Hub blog.
- For details on how to submit, please see here: Submitting a blog article to OpenUP Hub step by step
How to vote?
You can vote on the ideas that you're most interested in. Vote for the idea you wish to support!